When you are on a weight loss journey, a lot can happen along the way. Things can derail you and bump you off track on your way to having better health. Worse, you could go back to where you started and have zero improvements.
But amazing things can happen too! It is also very possible that you will be consistent with your nutrition, exercise, sleep, and how you manage stress. Looking and feeling better is highly achievable. How awesome would it be to have more perfect days than not-so-perfect ones?
We are happy to tell you that this blog series is here to support you in your journey. In this article, we will break down the *perfect* day so you can have the formula, the secret recipe to fail-proof your body transformation!
What Goes On The *Perfect* Day?
It will be the *perfect* day if you can be on top and in control of these three things: movement, food, and recovery.
The rule of thumb is to do 30 minutes of your preferred workout every day. It could be strength training, stretching, or walking. You are not limited or constrained to any form of exercise. You have free reign of what you can and will do. All you have to do is make time and move for that 30 minutes.
Here is a simple guide that you can follow. You can even print this and put it in a place where you can easily see it, like on your refrigerator or your phone when grocery shopping.
- Water – drink 2 cups of water before anything else upon waking. You can have tea or coffee after, preferably with no sugar or Stevia only. Throughout the day, drink 1/2 of your weight in ounces. Drink 1 cup of water for every caffeinated beverage taken and while exercising.
- Breakfast – keep oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, and protein shakes in heavy rotation.
- Lunch – rotisserie chicken or tuna salad using avocado oil for mayo is the gold standard. Lunchmeat and cheese are acceptable too.
- Snack – pre cut veggies and healthier versions of your favorite crunchy foods are welcome.
- Dinner – remember one protein, one vegetable, and one starch.
- Sweets – Healthier versions again and only a couple of times a week
Here are some stress management activities that you can do to promote recovery.
- Gratitude – who would have thought practicing gratitude is a means to handle stress and recover
- Take deep breaths
- Disconnect and have alone time
- Low impact movement
- Meditation or prayer
- Cutting back on screen time
- Go outdoors
- Be accountable for your actions
- Schedule a massage regularly
- Volunteer once a week
- Take up a hobby
Remember these best sleep practices:
- Follow the sun
- Get a white noise machine to prevent unnecessary wakings
- Keep your room at 60-68 degrees Fahrenheit
- Have a minimalist, clutter-free bedroom
- Get blackout curtains
- Warm baths before bedtime
- 30 minutes of movement per day
- Aim to sleep for at least 7 hours
- Go to sleep before midnight.
- Meditate, read, or stretch before bed
- Switch off electronics
- Keep a notepad by your bed to avoid thoughts that keep you up at night
- Avoid heavy dinners and drinking water, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime
- Have a bedtime and wake schedule
There you have it! The elements that make up a perfect, healthy day. Feel free to do these best practices as early as tomorrow, and watch out for the next article in our blog series! If you need support, do not hesitate to consult a coach. We wish you an easy and uncomplicated journey to wellness!